Yield: 16 servings
6 cups fresh blueberries, divided
2-1/2 cups sugar
4 Tbsps. sweet (cream) sherry (optional)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsps. confectioners sugar
16 slices pound cake
2 packages vanilla pudding and pie filling mix (2, 3/4 oz. size packages)
2-1/2 cups milk
2 tsps. vanilla extract
Sliced almonds, toasted, as needed (for garnish)
Mint leaves, as needed (for garnish)
1. Place 5 cups of the blueberries in a bowl; stir in sugar and sherry (if using). With a fork, mash about 1/3 of the blueberries.
2. Separately, whip together heavy cream and confectioners sugar; set aside.
3. Cut pound cake into 1-in. cubes.
4. Prepare pudding as directed, using only 2-1/2 cups milk for both packages. Cover with plastic wrap directly on top of pudding and refrigerate.
5. Stir vanilla into cooled pudding; fold in half of the sweetened whipped cream.
6. In 16 parfait glasses or dessert bowls, arrange alternate layers of cake cubes, sugared blueberries and pudding, repeating twice. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; chill.
7. Just before serving, top with remaining whipped cream and blueberries. Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds and top with mint leaves, if desired.
Recipe and photo from Highbush Blueberry Council.