- Astoria, OR, schools are running into debt because of the success of a new free breakfast in the classroom program
- The Houston Independent School District would offer free breakfast to all 208,000 of its students beginning in August under a plan put forward by Superintendent Dr. Abe Saavedra
- Thousands of Seminole County (FL) students are being dropped from a free breakfast program at the end of September after state and federal officials decided it was feeding too many affluent children
- The number of Washington State children eating school breakfast has soared since the state became the first in the nation earlier this year to provide free meals to all children previously eligible only for reduced-price breakfasts, reports the Bellingham
- Denver Public Schools has begun offering free breakfast to all students regardless of financial need.