YIELD: 12 servings
2 lbs. wheat berries
1½ cups Italian salad dressing
3 cups carrots, shredded
12 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
6 oz. Cheddar cheese, low sodium, grated
¾ lb. diced ham, low sodium
¾ lb. chicken meat, cooked, diced
3 cups tomatoes, grape or cherry variety, halved
1. Cook wheat berries according to package directions.
2. Cool completely on a sheet pan.
3. Fill 2-oz. dressing cups with 1/8 cup of dressing and cover each with the lid.
4. Layer ingredients into 16-oz. cups as follows
1 cup wheat berries
¼ cup carrots
1 cup romaine lettuce
.5 oz. cheese (about 1/8 cup)
1 oz. ham (about ¼ cup, volume may vary depending on product used)
1 oz. chicken (about ¼ cup, volume may vary depending on product used)
¼ cup tomatoes
5. Cover the cup with the flat lid. Place the dressing cup on top of the flat lid. Place the domed lid on top of the salad cup and press to seal.
6. To make the salad, remove lids from the cup. Pour contents of the dressing container into the cup. Replace the domed lid only and shake the salad until ingredients are mixed.