YIELD: 12 servings
1 cup lime juice
1 cup apricot nectar
1 cup soy sauce
5 ozs. sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
12 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
18 fresh or canned apricot halves, pitted
6 Tbsps. fresh lime juice
6 Tbsps. honey
2 Tbsps. olive oil
18 oz. spring salad mix
1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients (lime juice through garlic) and set aside.
2. Trim chicken of fat; toss in the bowl with the marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Pre-heat grill. Cook chicken on both sides until done. Cut on bias; set aside.
4. Slightly season apricot halves with salt and brush with oil. Grill for 1-2 minutes; set aside (if using canned apricot halves, grill for 30 seconds).
5. Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients: 6 Tbsps. each of lime juice, honey and olive oil. Toss spring salad mix with vinaigrette. Plate onto 12 plates. Fan the bias-cut chicken over the greens. Place 3 grilled apricot halves on top.
Recipe from Elly Gruber, Foodservice
Director, San Mateo County Health Center,
San Mateo, CA.