YIELD: 24 SALADS
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
5 cups white wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil
⅔ cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp. salt
½ tsp. white pepper
8 lbs. small new potatoes
1 lb. slivered red onions
48 large peeled, hard-cooked eggs
4 lb. 8 oz. fresh spinach leaves
24 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1½ cups walnuts, finely chopped
1. Prepare dressing: whisk together cheese, vinegar, oil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Reserve 2 cups dressing for potatoes; cover and refrigerate remaining dressing.
2. Steam potatoes in skins until just tender; cut into ¼-inch slices.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine potatoes and onions. Pour 2 cups reserved dressing over potatoes; gently blend. Marinate about 15 minutes in refrigerator, blending once during marinating.
4. Slice each egg into four wedges.
5. Assemble salad: Layer each 9-inch luncheon plate with 3 oz. spinach, arranging larger leaves with tips toward edge of plate.
6. Arrange 6 oz. potato-onion mixture over spinach. Do not cover spinach tips.
7. Sprinkle with approximately 2 Tbsps. bacon (1 slice) and 1 tbsp. walnuts.
8. Arrange 8 egg wedges over salad. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
9. To serve: Drizzle 2 to 3 Tbsps. dressing over each salad or serve dressing on the side.
Recipe and photo: the American Egg Board.